According to the Miami Herald:
“At the risk of offending some of my friends who’ve been very helpful,” Gingrich said, “I worry about the degree to which the poor are the most likely to spend a large percentage of their income gambling.”
If Gingrich is worried about the poor and the dollars they spend, then why did he show favor to the gambling industry while Speaker of the House? Is this a new worry?
- Gingrich backed by casino mogul – Is gambling a family value?
- Gingrich Gets Five Million From Gambling Mogul’s Wife
- Gambling magnate says he expects nothing for his contributions to Gingrich
- Newt Gingrich favored tax policy requested by gambling industry
- Apostle Dutch Sheets endorses Newt Gingrich for President